Psych PA's ??

Started by MJD503
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

MJD503

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have seen programs which have Psych specialtys avalible. Is this common?

What type of setting with would C-PA in Psych work? I have Psych experience as a lower level therapist so this issue seem interesting to me.

Assume that the MD/DO would have to verify/sign off orders but the PA could write them without a VO.

Any info would be great! :idea:
 
I was offered a psych position out of PA school, and the physician had already hired one PA and realized how much of a benefit they were to the practice. I enjoyed it somewhat, but it wasn't for me. As a psych PA, my friend didn't have any post graduate residency or anything, he was just trained my his Doc, and sent to a few conferences. He sees all new patients and manytimes sees followups. He also does a lot of the hospital floor stuff with the kids in the ward along with the teenagers. So it's actually one of the more growing avenues for a PA to practice, but beware, it's very busy most places.