Psych sucked

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jpro

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I thought Iwas going to rock the shelf, but I got my score today. Lower 70's I used first aid, pretest, andf A&L questions. The shelf was nothing like what I was studying. I don't know what to say.

Members don't see this ad.

I thought Iwas going to rock the shelf, but I got my score today. Lower 70's I used first aid, pretest, andf A&L questions. The shelf was nothing like what I was studying. I don't know what to say.

You can study harder and differently ...

OR you can take some Prozac.

Your choice ... :laugh:

I don't know how many shelfs you've taken, son, so chill with the sass.

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't know how many shelfs you've taken, son, so chill with the sass.

taken plenty, and rocked them all. I'm left speachless with this one.

Maybe I should have made the title of the thread Psych "shelf" sucked

taken plenty, and rocked them all. I'm left speachless with this one.

I was speaking to the one who responded to your post. I'm sorry I didn't make this clearer.

It's not really funny to make put downs on grades especially as a premed. especially if you have no clue if the OP was looking to honors this course or was hoping to match a very competitive psych program.

weak...you don't even know what a shelf is do you? And was prozac the only association you could make to a psych clerkship?

yeah, guys, let's all gang up and beat the living sh&t out of a guy a year or two our junior... oh, wait, that's what we complain about all the time, isn't it?

If you really think he's out of line, why not a private message before a public beat down?

Anka

If it makes you feel better, many of my classmates felt similarly about the exam and did not do as well as they expected despite using multiple resources. My personal belief is that you can actually over-study for these things, use too many books, and over-think the questions. You didn't ask for advice, but if you're looking for some, I've found case files to be an excellent series. Of the resources you mentioned, none are really text-based. Bullet and short answer/explanation format save time but don't, at least for me, lead to good retention for the exam. Good luck on the next one....