Psych Undergrad Class selection

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ctsmth04

Reaction score
I'm trying to decide on classes to finish my undergrad, and I want to hear from people who have taken them. How hard are they? Any you would avoid? Here are my options:
  1. CLP 4433 - Psychological Tests and Measurement OR PSY 4205 - Experimental Design and Analysis-which one does everyone recommend?
  2. EXP 4404 Psych of learning-I'm strongly leaning towards this as my career path is talent management which includes L&D. Has anyone taken this?
  3. SOP 4004 Social Psychology vs PPE 4003 Personality-I'm currently taking psych of gender a SOP class and I love it. What are thoughts on these classes?

Members don't see this ad.

If you aren’t planning on a grad degree in psychology, it doesn’t matter that much what you take, although I’d strongly recommend Social Psych for people who don’t pursue further psychology studies because it’s important to understand our behavior in the presence of others.

Experimental design is sometimes challenging for undergrads but is crucial for understanding psychology research, so I’d go with that class, especially if you’re a psych major.

Psych of Learning is a good course to understand the ways humans and animals learn new behaviors so I’d say yes, take that one as well.

I'm biased, but I'd say tests and measurement or the experimental design class. I'm not a huge fan of the social psych stuff, it's probably the area of psych research with the most issues with failure to replicate, and researchers who double down on refuted theories.

Reactions: 1 user