Psychiatry interview invites

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Iceman43

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have seen some interview invites trickle in on the Official interview invite thread... but when do people expect the bulk of psych interview invites to come in? Do programs tend to wait until the MSPE/Dean's letter becomes available?

Members don't see this ad.

Between now and around Oct 15 you should hear from the vast majority of programs, based on reports from last year. There will always be exceptions.

I think the bulk of them will come in the first 2 weeks of October, after the MSPE is downloaded. Most programs don't start interviews until November anyway, and that timing allows them to figure out who they want to invite.

I had most of mine in the first two weeks of Oct.

Members don't see this ad :)
So if I don't hear from some desired programs by then, should I consider sending the PD an email by October 15-20th? I'm starting to get worried....

So if I don't hear from some desired programs by then, should I consider sending the PD an email by October 15-20th? I'm starting to get worried....

Email the PC, and ask politely if they are still reviewing applications, and indicate that you are very interested in that program, and whether your application is complete, etc.

We're up over 900 apps right now...

Email the PC, and ask politely if they are still reviewing applications, and indicate that you are very interested in that program, and whether your application is complete, etc.

We're up over 900 apps right now...

Will do. Thank you!