psychiatry mentoring program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KlimtOphile

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
:) Greeeeeeetings,

I posted a thread earlier about the anxiety and stress I was feeling about 3rd year - thank you again for your advice and support everyone!
I was wondering if any of you know of a mentoring program for med students interested in psychiatry? Maybe one that would link me with a psych resident that can answer some of my questions/concerns about med school/residency? Maybe through email or a chat forum?

Thank you :)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
:) Greeeeeeetings,

I posted a thread earlier about the anxiety and stress I was feeling about 3rd year - thank you again for your advice and support everyone!
I was wondering if any of you know of a mentoring program for med students interested in psychiatry? Maybe one that would link me with a psych resident that can answer some of my questions/concerns about med school/residency? Maybe through email or a chat forum?

Thank you :)

I think you're already there. Ask away.

Thanks Dr. Samson!

SDN has been a great resource for me and I'll continue to post my questions and concerns, but i guess I was thinking of more of a live chat situation? Do you know of any? :) :xf:

Members don't see this ad :)
AACAP and APA have links to stuff like that on their websites. I contacted the AACAP person twice and heard nothing back.

I'd think that your best shot is getting in contact with your school's psych program.

Our residents are absolutely wonderful and really supportive in that regard (Oklahoma). Great, helpful group of people. Certainly worth a try.

Thanks for your feedback. :)

I'm working on it :)