psychiatry scramble

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Wardles888

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello, I was wondering what everyone's scramble plans are? I only want to enter into psychiatry but I heard that historically there are not a lot of psychiary scramble spots available. I was thinking, should I draft an FM personal statement just in case to give myself the option of scrambling into that? I dont expect to have to scramble, but you never know.
 
Hello, I was wondering what everyone's scramble plans are? I only want to enter into psychiatry but I heard that historically there are not a lot of psychiary scramble spots available. I was thinking, should I draft an FM personal statement just in case to give myself the option of scrambling into that? I dont expect to have to scramble, but you never know.

Firstly did u apply and got any interviews in psychiatry?
Or you applied into some other specialty
 
only psychiatry, 12 interviews. i know that it is highly unlikely that i will have to scramble, but i like to be prepared for every scenario
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
only psychiatry, 12 interviews. i know that it is highly unlikely that i will have to scramble, but i like to be prepared for every scenario

I don't know your rank list or places you interviewed so hard to say
Have said that you should be OK with 12 programs! That is a very safe number.

And hopefully u won't need to worry about scramble. And yes psych programs are very limited
 
thanks for your response! I was just looking to find out what other people's plans are for the scramble possibility.