PsyD Interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Oliver05

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone heard from the following Clinical PsyD Programs?:

GSAPP
Long Island U. (CW Post)
Indiana of Penn.
Loyola
Indiana State (Heard today. Interviews are the 17th and 24th)

Good Luck everyone! Please reply if you hear anything. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

check the loyola website, i was rejected today

mpino said:
check the loyola website, i was rejected today i heard back from la salle,pcom, and immaculata i am still waiting on indiana of penn, gsaap, yeshiva, nova, and widener anybody hear anythin please post.....good luck all
martin

I heard from Loyola on 1/31 via email and their interview is on 2/24. Widener is inviting people to interview in waves, so the admissions committee invites people for the first interview, then after it's over looks at applicants again and invites the next batch for the second interview, etc. I believe there are four interviews total: 2/1, 2/15, 3/3, 3/15. So don't despair if you haven't heard from Widener yet - I don't think they're done inviting people.

Members don't see this ad :)
mpino said:
check the loyola website, i was rejected today

What do you mean, "check the Loyola website"? Does it tell you your status somewhere? I couldn't find it.

Florida Tech is done sending out interview invitations (I did not get one:(..) The secretary said my application was still under consideration. But Im guessing that means that if they dont get enough people to accept their offers, they'll revisit old applications. Not a good sign since this is the first school to make a decision, and the school I expected to be the *least* competitive.....

Jon

i meant the loyola response for j sulman
the sorry about florida was for jon4 psyd, good luck with teh other schools

Thanks:) I was a little bummed about it at first, but whatever happens happens you know? I have no control over what decisions these schools make--and if I get into NO PsyD programs (which I dont think will happen) getting into an MA program at Pepperdine at Hartford wouldn't be so bad at all!

As for Yeshiva--it's gonna be awhile, probably like 2 weeks. They're just starting to look at applications now. Same with Long Island for anybody who applied there.

I noticed you also applied to Rutgers. Their interview is the 27th, so maybe by the end of this week they'll start inviting people, Honestly though, I emailed them because my GRE scores were wrong, they never replied. So I wrote back saying "I dont know if you're receiving my emails or not but here are my correct scores" and they replied saying "Yes we got your other emails. You cannot possibly expect us to reply to every email. This was a record year for applicationsm we're currently over 650 and almost everyone emails us with 'just a quick question' so for us to get back to everyone is impossible"...hearing that, and hearing THAT many applications...I'm expecting a rejection from them LOL

Jon

Yeah...that would be Pepperdine OR Hartford...before I really confuse people. Did anybody else do any MA in Clinical Psych programs as backups? Let me know..:)

yeah and i got accepted to one and a ms program. they are good safety programs, i am actually putting northeastern on the top now even over the psy.d's if they dont give an interview

I have two friends that I work with who heard from Yeshiva's PsyD program over two weeks ago...so some invitations have gone out already.

650 applications at Rutgers PsyD program? :eek: To clarify, their interview date is Monday, February 27th?

Thanks!

wow, that number scares me...they do have a great psyd program though. hopefully yeshiva sends out a second wave. good luck to every1 if i hear anythin, good or bad, i'll post it :)

Wow..I did not know that about Yeshiva. They definitely are not done yet though from what they have told me. I just want this over with already so I know where I'm going (if anywhere...) next year.

Good luck guys!!

Members don't see this ad :)
yeah i just want to know if i got rejected so i can basically solidify my plans

UmMm...hello? Anybody out there?!! Haha..this thread died. Has nobody heard ANYTHING?!! Forget flying out to an interview--if none of us get one, the first round of drinks at the pity party is on me!! haha...good luck to all*

Jon

Jon4PsyD said:
UmMm...hello? Anybody out there?!! Haha..this thread died. Has nobody heard ANYTHING?!! Forget flying out to an interview--if none of us get one, the first round of drinks at the pity party is on me!! haha...good luck to all*

Jon
i already got rejected from MSPP, there's a fine start. only one more psy.d to go.

forensic_psy.d said:
i already got rejected from MSPP, there's a fine start. only one more psy.d to go.

I heard from Indiana University of Pennsylvania - they have multiple interview dates, which is really nice, for a change!

I also heard from Indiana State - Interviews February 17th and 24th.

I did not get into Loyola, but was asked to redirect my application to the Master's program. All I have to do is send back a form saying I want them to consider my app for their master's program. What do people think about this? If I end up not getting into any psyd programs, should I enter their masters program and hope to eventually move into the psyd program?

I'm still waiting to hear from Long Island University and GSAPP.

I was invited to interview at CIIS and I was invited to a friday (2/17)
panel discussion/recruiting/info session at Xavier university.
I can't attend the latter since I will be in california, but they said
it wasn't mandatory and so I assume they'll have a real interview day
or two after that. Hope to god they invite me.

While in california on vacation I may interview at CIIS, but may not
since they have two dates and I will be there just before the first one.

Was thinking of calling PGSP stanford to see if I could schedule a visit
or interview, since I won't be able to come back, but their tuition is so
high I don't really see the point.

Good luck to everyone!
I hate this waiting, esp. since the phDs are hearing things so much sooner!

(I'm waiting to hear from 5 more programs)

I would definitely do the Masters *if* it comes to that. Personally for me, I know it would help my GPA and it's more of a chance to gain clinical experience.Most PsyD programs take 32 credits of your Masters, so you're knocking off a full year of the PsyD right there. It's almost worth going the extra year and coming out with the extra degree. If you have the means to do it, the more experience the better.

Jon

I heard from the Wright Institute in Berkeley and my interview is on Valentine's Day.

Hi everyone,

FYI, Rutgers Clinical PsyD invitations went out today...interview date of Feb 27th

They went out today? Well I didn't get one. Out of 650+ applications I guess I'm not shocked.....

Anybody heard from Yeshiva, LIU, Hartford, or Antioch?
I'm starting to think more and more I'll be going for my Masters this fall and not entering a PsyD program ::sigh::

Happy Valentines to all,
Jon

Jon4PsyD said:
They went out today? Well I didn't get one. Out of 650+ applications I guess I'm not shocked.....

I'm starting to think more and more I'll be going for my Masters this fall and not entering a PsyD program ::sigh::

Happy Valentines to all,
Jon

Did he mean rutgers went out by mail, or email? myabe we still have a chance, i havent heard from yeshiva either.
martin

Jon4PsyD said:

Happy Valentines to all,
Jon

i am in the same boat buddy, don't worry. i haven't heard from antioch, they should be sending out invites any day now. i got a MS interview tommorrow at northeastern

As far as Rutgers goes, I'm guessing they invited people by email or phone--since that's what all the schools do....

Forensic, GOOD LUCK!! I got into Northeastern as an undergrad. i'm glad I didnt go because I saved a ton of money for grad school by staying at a state school but I LOVE Northeastern. The campus is amazing...

Jon

Jon4PsyD said:
As far as Rutgers goes, I'm guessing they invited people by email or phone--since that's what all the schools do....

Forensic, GOOD LUCK!! I got into Northeastern as an undergrad. i'm glad I didnt go because I saved a ton of money for grad school by staying at a state school but I LOVE Northeastern. The campus is amazing...

Jon

The reason i asked is b/c i was sent an interview invitation by mail a couple of weeks ago....i guess i am not surpised either though about RU i am still gonna keep some hope alive for a couple of days. hehe
good luck all.

Yeah, I got a pre-interview day invite by mail as well, with no phone calls or emails about it.

I just pm-ed Noah, so maybe he'll get back here and post what he meant.

I'm really holding on to the idea that he meant mail, since RU is my #1 :scared:

sorry for the vague information

the invite came by email (the email said that a letter would follow in the mail)

good luck to all!

Guys:
I called Rutgers today. DO NOT FEEL HORRIBLE that you did not get an invitation yet!! They said they are far from done sending out invitations and it will probably be until Friday before they finished-->so yes, there is sitll hope for some of us.

I also heard from Hartford today who said they periodically will be interviewing until MID-March and are also far from done reviewing applications.

WHEW,
Jon:)

Jon4PsyD said:
Guys:
I called Rutgers today. DO NOT FEEL HORRIBLE that you did not get an invitation yet!! They said they are far from done sending out invitations and it will probably be until Friday before they finished-->so yes, there is sitll hope for some of us.

I also heard from Hartford today who said they periodically will be interviewing until MID-March and are also far from done reviewing applications.

WHEW,
Jon:)

thanks jon...i def feel better now...thanks for posting that

No problem:) I felt like complete crap when I thought I was on the verge of getting in nowhere, and while that still may happen, it felt very relieving to hear from the schools--which I'm sure it was for you too so thats why I posted to quick. It's funny that a lot of us are competing for the same few spots at the schools, yet I'm rooting for all of you guys to get acceptances!!

We should know from the majority of them by Friday...
Jon

Jon,

You're saying we all should hear whether or not we're invited by this friday?
Are you sure? It seems kind of early...

i.e., I just called one school from whom I've only heard that my application is complete, and they said their final invites would be out by the end of the first week of March.

Has anyone heard from Long Island University? (Clinical PsyD)?

Bluegirl, I said the majority would yes. There iwll still be some schools with later decisions, but for the most part they seem to be wrapping up.

Antioch New England extended invitations today....
Jon

Jon4PsyD said:
Bluegirl, I said the majority would yes. There iwll still be some schools with later decisions, but for the most part they seem to be wrapping up.

Antioch New England extended invitations today....
Jon
i just got rejected from there. i am kind of shocked i didn't even make it to the interview at the school, i felt my qualifications and interests fit that particular school well.

it boils down now to northeastern vs. american international college.

Forensic, I have two younger cousins at Keene State College..it would've been cool to go up to school where they go but I got rejected also today :(. I was surprised as well. I'm kinda in your boat where it looks like it'll be a Masters.

How did the interview at NU go?
Jon

Jon4PsyD said:
Forensic, I have two younger cousins at Keene State College..it would've been cool to go up to school where they go but I got rejected also today :(. I was surprised as well. I'm kinda in your boat where it looks like it'll be a Masters.

How did the interview at NU go?
Jon

i actually have a friend that goes to keene as well, i figured it'd be cool to be able to see him more often.

the nu interview went pretty good i think. i had no clue what they were guaging things on, i felt like it was get in, then get out. i actually went over the alloted time because i had so many questions and anecdotes to make things interesting. i have almost no clue if i am getting in, there were way more people there than i expected.

Rutgers sent out email invitations on Wednesday morning, but apaparently a lot of people didn't receive them. They said most (regular) mail letters for interview invitations should be received today or by the latest Tuesday

Good luck all
Jon

Pacific University sent out their email invitations last wednesday. The interview dates will be March 10th or 11th. Apparently there is an open house with a question answer session and a lunch buffet with current students.

It seems like a lot of people really aren't weighing in here...
I wish they would, including the lurkers, because I'm starting
to get frustrated with the fact that I haven't heard from 5
schools, only 3. As I said, one of the 5 I haven't heard from
said they wouldn't be finished extending invites til sometime
in march.

It is my uninformed opinion that *most* of the PsyD schools are
not done sending invites by any means. However, there isn't
enough of a consensus in this thread to prove anything.

I'm also thinking this way because I didn't get my applications
in til the very last minute. Maybe others, like Jon, got them in
earlier, so they are hearing earlier?

Kids, talk to me! :confused:

erg, double post

Jon4PsyD said:
Rutgers sent out email invitations on Wednesday morning, but apaparently a lot of people didn't receive them. They said most (regular) mail letters for interview invitations should be received today or by the latest Tuesday

Good luck all
Jon

Please let me know if you get one (from Rutgers) - or if you get a rejection. My head is slowly exploding (isn't that a question on the MMPI?) with the ambiguity. I'll post the moment I know something.

Why don't schools send out rejections when they send out invitations? I suspect that admissions committees secretly enjoy the tension.

FR

FranklinR said:
Please let me know if you get one (from Rutgers) - or if you get a rejection. My head is slowly exploding (isn't that a question on the MMPI?) with the ambiguity. I'll post the moment I know something.

Why don't schools send out rejections when they send out invitations? I suspect that admissions committees secretly enjoy the tension.

FR

:laugh: I am starting wonder about that myself.

for anyone waiting to hear from the VA Consortium PsyD program...I hadn't heard anything from them, but several people I met at interviews last week had already gotten rejections. So I called today to ask for my status and they said that I am an alternate for an interview (why they couldn't have told me before my calling is another question). This puts me in a pretty bad bind because I am REALLY interested in this program but I also have an interview for the same day at Wright State in Ohio. I don't think I'm likely to be very interested in Wright State and hate to "waste" $400+ for airfare and hotel...but I also think I'm pretty unlikely to get off that alternate list and get an interview at the VA Consortium...and even if I did, I'm probably that much less likely to get in there, having been an alternate. Oh, and I have to let Wright State know by tomorrow if I'm coming next Friday.
Right now, I'm leaning towards not going to Wright State and holding out for the interview I'd prefer. I figure I might as well save the money, when both are long-shots...
Does anyone have any thoughts? Been in a similar situation? Are people getting interviews places after being on the alternate list?
...and anyone waiting to hear from the VA Consortium - just go ahead and call em if you haven't heard anything...apparently they're not letting people know if they're on the alternate list unless they call and ask.

I wonder how many schools are like VA, keeping people as alternates without informing them.

Also, are people receiving Open House invites along with, or separately from interview invites? So far I've gotten two interview invites without any open house, and three open house invites.

I assume that I have a chance of being invited to interview even if I don't go to these open houses because I really can't given the cost and my work schedule. How is everyone else dealing with this?

i don't know about other schools with an alternate list that they don't tell...i was honestly a little irked by it...i mean, schools shouldn't just expect for us to seek out that information when at most places, they discourage you from calling admissions to check in because they're so overwhelmed. if they're interested enough in me, even as an alternate, i think i'm owed a phone call so i can figure out my plans and take the leave, book flights, etc.
i don't really know about "open houses". every interview i've had has been more of an "interview day" ranging anywhere from 3 to 11 hours...and there have been info sessions, talking with students, tours all included as a part of that one day. i think of open houses as having happened last fall and being only for people to see if they want to apply. so a straight open house (with no interview) at this point sounds really weird to me. if open house is separate from interview, i wouldn't think open house would reflect on you negatively if you couldn't attend...i think it's enough that we take off for one full day, much less two separate days.
bluegirl, i'll respond to your pm in a few minutes....

bluegirl said:
I wonder how many schools are like VA, keeping people as alternates without informing them.

Also, are people receiving Open House invites along with, or separately from interview invites? So far I've gotten two interview invites without any open house, and three open house invites.

I assume that I have a chance of being invited to interview even if I don't go to these open houses because I really can't given the cost and my work schedule. How is everyone else dealing with this?