PT Bodily Assessment

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

UFballerinaDPT

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was wondering if anyone has ever encountered experience with a physical therapy program that does a bodily assessment to determine physical fitness or not on first year DPT students (after acceptance)? Depending on your level of "fitness" what the ramifications are, and what happens if you aren't "physically fit"?
 
I've never heard of anything like that. It's good for people in the medical field to practice what they preach, but I don't really see any programs punishing students for not being fit.
 
My program actually does happen to do this. But the data is being used in research article that the professor is writing. You don't attend Univ of Miami by chance, do you?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was wondering if anyone has ever encountered experience with a physical therapy program that does a bodily assessment to determine physical fitness or not on first year DPT students (after acceptance)? Depending on your level of "fitness" what the ramifications are, and what happens if you aren't "physically fit"?

I have no idea what that means. What exactly have you heard?