PT career path

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

PT fighter2014

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If I want to become PT , should I need to take kinesiology as my undergraduate degree or health related degree is also accepted like food science or nutrition ?
Also, what graduate PT school is recommended ?

thanks so much .
 
If you look online you'll see that it really doesn't matter what you're undergrad degree is in. I would recommend to do something that will knock out most if not all of your pre-requisites needed to apply to a DPT program. I personally was a Psychology and Art major and I do regret it now as many of my classmates were athletic training, sports med, bio, etc. (those with and exercise/science background may have had it a little easier this semester) but everyone is doing just fine, regardless of their undergrad background, because of the require prerequisites.

As for picking a program there are over 200+ schools so you're going to have to do some work to look in to that, go to the CAPTE website to find a list of all accredited schools and start looking at states that you would want to live in. You'll have to decide if you want public vs. private, in-state vs. out-of-state. You can also see which schools require what pre-requisites, GRE scores, observation hours, etc.
 
Search the forum and research for yourself. You will find a lot more useful information that way.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have another questions about PT. Is it more difficult for international student to find a PT job ?
 
I have another questions about PT. Is it more difficult for international student to find a PT job ?

Are you talking about applying to DPT schools or if you already have a DPT from another country as these are two complete different topics.