PT Clinicals Abroad

Started by mtm34
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

mtm34

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi I'm a DPT student at Pitt and I'm applying for a scholarship that pays for a PT student to spend a full time clinical abroad for 7 weeks next summer. I can pretty much go anywhere as long as its english speaking. I would love to hear if anyone knows any good clinics to get in contact with, I'm very open and I have traveled overseas before. I just need a clinic that will accept a student for the 7 weeks, they don't have to pay a cent- Thanks to anyone for any suggestions...
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys thanks for the feedback, this clinical is next july-august so I'd prefer to stay this side of the equator but please anyone keep them coming....
 
I am a 1st year DPT student and have just begun planning my clinicals. Is this scholarship you are applying for through Pitt or is it available to all? Don't worry, I won't tell anyone! Ha. Good luck though - that's fantastic.
 
yeah I'm a first year DPT student as well. where did you find find out about this scholarship? what's the program called?
 
I know that past students have gone to Ireland. I'd suggest asking some of the faculty for input; they're probably your best resource for ideas.

To everyone else, it is a Pitt specific opportunity that the school offers. Though if you're interested in going abroad, definitely ask your clinical coordinator if it can be arranged!