PT Essay

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yjmally

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So does anyone currently in PT school, or is applying for the upcoming year done the essay below for pt schools and would like to share some tips, of how to even start this essay. At this point I am out of ideas of what to write, with all these extra essay questions.:(

"How has your background and experience prepared you to interact effectively with individuals who are different from you in their social, cultural, or economic perspectives?

Members don't see this ad.

Experiences and background can mean where you grew up, who you went to school with, somewhere you volunteered or worked at, your extra-curricular activities, etc. Just look at aspects of your life that have shaped you to be able to work with different people.

I'm applying as well...For my essay, I just used anything that I thought would be relevant to my application and to the field. I just used examples from my major in Sociology (I know...) and minor in Psych. in terms of them helping me to be more well rounded and understanding with various ind., certain classes, shadowing with a pt and the impact it made on me, etc.