PT/exercise during COVID-19?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jaybanks95

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Working in a SNF. Patients are treated the same as they used to. Everyone who comes to out facility is treated. We still take them to the gym and outside.
Differences from before COVID: Individual treatments only (no group or concurrents). Maintain 6 feet distance between patients when they are in the gym (of course they get much closer to each other when they passing each other in hallways). If you notice a patient is coughing, report to nursing stuff. That's pretty much it.

Thanks for the input. Very interesting and definitely different than what I was told. Has your facility had any positive cases? and do you feel like you have adequate PPE/enough precautions are being taken?

No positive cases in my facility or in a big hospital nearby! But yes, the facility has been preparing for patients with COVID. It has been planned where those patients will be placed, procedures how to treat them on isolation, what employees have to wear, who is going to work with them, etc. All the stuff have been given all those updates on weekly basis. There have been more than enough (too much for my personal preference really) precautions taken.

Status
Not open for further replies.