PT hour verification

Started by Tifanie
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Tifanie

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi guys, so I have been volunteering at a hospital's rehab center and there are both PTs and OTs working there. I mostly shadow PTs. However our volunteer coordinator who can verify my PT observation hours is actually an OT instead of a PT. Should I still put her OT licence number and name on my PT observation hour section? Has anyone encountered this problem yet :\? thank you for replying!!!!!
 
Hi guys, so I have been volunteering at a hospital's rehab center and there are both PTs and OTs working there. I mostly shadow PTs. However our volunteer coordinator who can verify my PT observation hours is actually an OT instead of a PT. Should I still put her OT licence number and name on my PT observation hour section? Has anyone encountered this problem yet :\? thank you for replying!!!!!

To be honest with you, when I applied last year, I never put in their license numbers...lol (I did get accepted to 2 schools btw...lol) But I had a PTA verify some hours for me last year. I am pretty sure you will be ok because they are verifying that you have done X amount of hours in PT, not OT. so I wouldn't worry! 🙂
 
In PTCAS, the person verifying your hours puts in their own license number when they fill out the form. According to PTCAS and many schools, only a licensed PT can verify the hours. Maybe the volunteer coordinator can get a PT to fill out the form and use their license number?
 
Sorry, I'm just going to reuse this topic thread.

I have a question regarding volunteer hours.
I volunteered at a hospital for inpatient and outpatient PT settings.
However, I did not exactly shadow just one physical therapist.
For the outpatient, I didn't really do much, but just helped around when
any physical therapists needed help -- I was basically just there, because there
weren't as many patients there and the day was pretty slow.
For the inpatient, I also didn't get to follow the physical therapists much.
Instead, I followed the rehab assistant around.
Will I be able to use these hours as my volunteer experience?
Or does it strictly have to be hours where I follow the PT?