Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got a RX, Dilaudid 8mg, 2 to 3 ts po Q 4 to 6 hr prn, #300 for 17-day supply. I looked at this pt's history, pt has been filling 300 ts every 17 days and has been like this for over a year according to CURES. She is also on MS Contin. My RPH manager filled for her before, but he is on vacation. I refused filling this RX. She called here again and again and argued why my manger could fill for her, but I would not. I faxed the dr and requested detailed clinic notes and treatment plan, though I haven't received anything.
My question is why a pt is on such a high dose short acting pain meds? Should she be on a long acting one with less abuse possibility? Is Fentanyl patch better for her?
My question is why a pt is on such a high dose short acting pain meds? Should she be on a long acting one with less abuse possibility? Is Fentanyl patch better for her?