PT school essentials

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

adpt09

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Question for anyone that can answer: How often do you use a stethoscope in PT school? Is it worth investing the money into a Littmann or get something cheaper like an MDF?

I have one that came with a PT Kit, but I swear it is so flimsy, and feels like its a one time use one type of thing...

Members don't see this ad.

Just use the one in the PT kit, that is what everyone had and we all did fine!

Reactions: 1 user
Question for anyone that can answer: How often do you use a stethoscope in PT school? Is it worth investing the money into a Littmann or get something cheaper like an MDF?

I have one that came with a PT Kit, but I swear it is so flimsy, and feels like its a one time use one type of thing...

Just use the kit one. Not worth spending the money for something you'll only use on practicals. IF you find you need one later down the road for clinic or a job, invest in one then.

Members don't see this ad :)

Used it maybe 3 times. And for those who did not have it, they were provided. Buy the cheapest one if you have to. One time use is a perfect one.

Hello Everyone, I am applying to PT School and I would love if someone can give advice on schools I should apply to based on my stats.

cGPA: 3.2
pqGPA: 3.4
Observation Hours: 200 (inpatient and outpatient combined)
GRE: not taken yet
Volunteer: 3 years Big Brothers Big Sisters
Organizations Apart of: ACS (Senator), BBBS (President), Student Ambassador, Psi Chi Honor Society, Caribbean Students Organization