You completely missed my point, which was actually a generalization. Yes, it is true that many students applying to PT school (and another program...not pointing that finger at just PT) fulfill their prerequisite classes at community colleges that hand out As for mediocre work and study habits. I've attended four different institutions and have experienced this first hand. If you don't think this is true, you're blind to what is going on. Overtime, schools that have academic policies that don't line up with their screening process are doing an injustice to the students. Yes, there will be cases where it is impossible to predict the success of the student but the system can be improved.
My point is that despite what you believe, unqualified students are infact accepted into physical therapy school. This isn't unique to PT, so don't think I'm attempting to degrade PT applicants. If you are willing to kick students out for a couple subpar grades then you should be equally as radical in your screening process. It's not that hard to get accepted no matter how much you want to romanticize it. It's a numbers game (depends on your applicant profile), apply to enough and don't act like a complete psycho in your interview and you have a coin flip at worst. The biggest mistake I see on these forums is that a subpar or average student will apply to six schools think they have a shot. No, you have a shot if you apply to 15 to 20 schools. I"ll agree to disagree with your comments and I may be the minority here, but that is fine. It wasn't even meant to be an attack on PT applicants, I was sympathizing with the OP and commenting with my beliefs on the system.