Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

PT School Interview problem!

Discussion in 'Pre-Physical Therapy' started by RhinoDPT, Aug 21, 2015.

1. RhinoDPT

2+ Year Member

Pre-Physical Therapy
    So, I got some very bitter sweet news this morning. I received two invitations to interview at different PT schools. Only problem is that they are set for the same day (september 18th). Has anyone else run into this problem? I really do not want to put off a school by asking to be interviewed on a different date. I am very interested in both schools and do not want to mess up my chances for either one. Do any of you guys have some advice?? Thanks in advance

2. swolecat

2+ Year Member

Clone yourself

SwampPT and RhinoDPT like this.
  3. krissybear

Pre-Physical Therapy
    Why not see if you can reschedule with one of them?

SwampPT likes this.
  4. krissybear

Pre-Physical Therapy
    I don't think it would be rude to ask if there were any other available dates to interview because you have prior obligations? I'd be curious to know if this has happened to someone else and what they did...

5. RhinoDPT

2+ Year Member

Pre-Physical Therapy
    I would like to know the same thing. I actually just received another interview invitation... for the same day again! I am excited about all the interviews but I do not want to make any of the schools feel that I am not interested. I already committed to one so I will have to tell the other two that I will have to reschedule it. I hope that it wont reflect negatively on my chances for admission.

6. Romazicon

2+ Year Member

Physical Therapist
    It's as simple as tapping a screen on a smartphone...literally. Just give them a call and ask about reschedule or even skype interview. Many of my classmates did it. Not a problem.

7. deepeetee

2+ Year Member

Rehab Sci Student
    You can tell one school that you had already previously confirmed an interview date with the other school and need to reschedule so it doesn't look like you chose between the two schools! That is what I did and they had no problems!

RhinoDPT likes this.
  8. RhinoDPT

2+ Year Member

Pre-Physical Therapy
    That is a great idea! Thank you so much for the advice.

deepeetee likes this.