pt school questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

honeybadgerba

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I graduated with a bs in biology in 2012 (3.68 gpa and general honors). I took 2 part time jobs doing research and ma in physical medicine clinic. Now I'm considering pt school

Can you get an interview in Texas if you didn't complete pre-reqs?

Does working as a medical assistant in physical medicine and rehab count as working in pt setting?

Members don't see this ad.

You have to have all required pre-reqs in order to be considered for a position in a program, although most schools dont require that all of them are completed by the time of application (but usually only 2-4 can not be completed or else you have to wait till the next application cycle).

aroszko is correct. although not all pre req need to be completed to get an interview not having all of them done makes your application look weaker than someone who has completed them all.

Members don't see this ad :)
Are there physical therapists in the place you work at that provide physical therapy to patients? If yes, then you are certainly working in a PT setting.

Observation hours are suppose to be under the guidance of a physical therapist. That said, I am not sure where it is checked, either by PTCAS or the schools.