PT students from Hawaii

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gogetter

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm not too sure how many states do not have PT programs, but Hawaii is one of them. Any PT students off island from Hawaii out there?? Just curious..

Members don't see this ad.

No replies. Vacationed in Maui three times. Love it and can't wait to go back.
Which island are you from? If you're not in PT school yet, where do you plan to apply to? Maybe somewhere in Cali to be close?

bhatiaa1 - LOL it was a nice try, thanks for replying! Looks like there arent too many on this thread. Hawaii is definitely the place to be though. And in all fairness, since you answered my question...

I am in PT school already.. Loma Linda University. Definitely had to stay close to the islands, California is as close as I can get right? LOL. Well good luck with the application process wish you plenty success!

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm doin my undergrad at UH manoa and possibly pursuing PT. Can I ask you what your stats were getting into PT school?

I'm not from Hawaii, but I just wanted to share something with students that are. If you are looking into PT school, there is a program called the Western Regional Graduate Program (WRGP) that offers residency reciprocity across several of the western states, allowing you to receive in-state tuition in another state, given you meet their eligibility. I would highly recommend that you research it further to see if you fit the criteria.

http://www.wiche.edu/studentExchange

I'm doin my undergrad at UH manoa and possibly pursuing PT. Can I ask you what your stats were getting into PT school?

Howzit IREPSEA!
My GPA coming in was 3.8. I came in as a Physical Therapist Assistant so that pretty much helped me out, I think. Tons of clinical hours, work experience, and some pretty solid recommendations from professors and an alumni. Here at LLU I didnt even have to take my GRE so that's a plus for sure! Good luck!

I've been told that there's a sizeable Hawaiian contingent at Pacific University near Portland, OR.