PT Verifying Observation Hours

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

powemb3

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is it OK to have a PT verify hours that you did at a different location?

I completed some hours at a wellness and fitness setting that does not have a PT on staff. The coordinator is willing to testify to the
hours to my PT, then I was thinking my PT could verify the hours on PTCAS?

Has anyone done this before or do you know if this is acceptable?

Thanks,

MP

Members don't see this ad.

If there was no PT on staff then you didn't do PT shadowing hours. So, the answer is no.

No, you can't. A PT that did not supervise you cannot verify the hours that you did under a different PT.

Members don't see this ad :)
No, you can't. A PT that did not supervise you cannot verify the hours that you did under a different PT.

goyo, from what I gathered the OP says it was just a fitness & wellness center with no PT on staff... Thus, whatever volunteering they did wasn't even with a PT at all... But no, you can't have another PT verify for someone else either.

goyo, from what I gathered the OP says it was just a fitness & wellness center with no PT on staff... Thus, whatever volunteering they did wasn't even with a PT at all... But no, you can't have another PT verify for someone else either.

Thanks guys.

You have been very helpful!