PTAL for fellowship?

Started by signumvitalis
Tags Tags
ptal
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

signumvitalis

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do I need to have a PTAL in order to start fellowship training in CA?

I am an IMG currently in an ACGME accredited Anesthesia residency. Considering applying widely for regional fellowship, however if I need a PTAL for CA - the paperwork alone is formidable and may not be worth it.

Thank you!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do I need to have a PTAL in order to start fellowship training in CA?

I am an IMG currently in an ACGME accredited Anesthesia residency. Considering applying widely for regional fellowship, however if I need a PTAL for CA - the paperwork alone is formidable and may not be worth it.

Thank you!

I am doing a fellowship in California too. You are probably better off getting a full license, eligibility being two years of residency in an accredited program.
 
Hi guys

I'm an IMG PGY1 in a ACGME residency planning on moving to California after residency. I DON'T have a PTAL. It says on the MBC that I'm only eligible to apply for a license after I have completed 2 years of training. Does that mean I cannot start my application now? I have done various clerkships in US and other parts of the world and I may need more than 1 year to get all the paperwork submitted.