PTCAS Academic Update. Help me!!!

Started by b33feater
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

b33feater

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Okay so here is the situation i'm in. I'm currently a nutrition major and taking 15 hours. In 4 of my 5 classes, I am making solid A's and B+'s. In my nutrition "vitamins and minerals" class, I will most likely make a C. It sucks, but that is the situation. Do you guys recommend me just dropping this class and taking it next semester when I know I can make a better grade? Or should I continue to take the final and just take a C.

Thanks!
 
Yes, drop it. A "W" on your transcript will hurt you a lot less than a C will affect your GPA. You need to remember that there is some objectivity in admissions and GPA is one of those areas.
 
That is a difficult decision to make. If I were in your situation, I would do everything in my power to raise that up to a B. However, if chances of that happening are slim I would personally drop the course and retake it. C's do not look good on a transcript, especially considering how competitive DPT programs are these days. With that being said, it is still your call, I would recommend speaking to an adviser. Good luck!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Okay so here is the situation i'm in. I'm currently a nutrition major and taking 15 hours. In 4 of my 5 classes, I am making solid A's and B+'s. In my nutrition "vitamins and minerals" class, I will most likely make a C. It sucks, but that is the situation. Do you guys recommend me just dropping this class and taking it next semester when I know I can make a better grade? Or should I continue to take the final and just take a C.

Thanks!


Have u started applying yet???
 
If you are certain that you'll likely end up with a C, drop the class ASAP. GPA is so hard to bring up and a C really takes a toll on cGPA. If and when you retake it though, you have to try to pull an A.
 
Make sure you'll get a W and not a WF!! At my school, if you were to drop now you'd get a WF which will hurt your GPA worse.
 
Yeah make sure it's before the add/drop deadline. If you can audit the class then do that. Looks far better on a transcript than a W does.