PTCAS Application Resubmission question.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

graphyte

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I received this email on friday:

"PTCAS cannot process your application because you have failed to report one or more colleges/universities that you attended. These institutions appear on one or more of the transcripts that PTCAS has received. In order for your application to be considered complete, you are required to report all colleges/universities attended, even if these institutions were attended while you were still in high school or were part of a dual-enrollment agreement between two of the institutions. Please have an official copy of your *OLYMPIC COLLEGE* transcript sent to us as soon as possible."

Unfortunately I missed this, because this was a high school japanese class back in 2001, and I received 5.0 transfer credits from a community college I have literally never attended. It admittedly, slipped my mind from this application process.

I have resubmitted my application and ensured that my transcript was sent properly today. However, I have questions regarding my eligibility. For NYU DPT, I initially submitted my PTCAS application prior to their FIRM deadline of December 1st, on November 30. Because processing of my application was delayed and I was required to re-submit, does that alter my submission date from Nov 30 to today's date, and thus making my application ineligible with NYU? To put it bluntly, am I absolutely screwed? I sincerely, absolutely, hope not. What do you guys think? Regardless thank you very much, it is greatly appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

Do not despair!!!! I had the same issue...thus why it took about 7 weeks for my applications to FINALLY be mailed after I e-submitted. Let me give you hope -- I e-submitted to UCSF (Hard deadline, Oct 1st) ON Oct 1st. PTCAS mailed my application on Nov 16th. I received an interview invitation on Friday, Dec 18th. So while you might have to wait longer, you still have a shot. Schools understand that PTCAS process can take a while, especially during this time, so don't think that you are screwed. I e-submitted a lot of apps pretty much on or right before the deadline, but I'm still hearing back. So best of luck to you and don't over-think it!

You always have a chance. At my last interview, the director for admissions was talking about giving people who e-submitted ptcas late a chance of getting accepted and coming for interviews because of the fact that PTCAS works pretty slow.

May seem fair for applicants who procrastinate/wait too long. Or unfair for others who started really early to increase their chances. It's all good.

ah yes very good to hear. Thanks so much for the encouragement, fellas! I sure hope you're right!