PTCAS Background Info

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

navybluedreams

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,
Wanted some input from y'all. Has anyone had any experience applying with any "conduct violations"?

Were you ever the recipient of any action by any college or university for unacceptable academic performance or conduct violations?

Were you still accepted to your programs? To what severity were your offenses?

Members don't see this ad.

I had a 1.9 GPA my 1st semester due to an extremely stressful rooming experience. I explained the events that occurred, what the results were, and how they affected me. I'm in the process of applying right now.

Reactions: 1 user
Honesty is the best policy on this. Just lay it on the table and tell what happened. It's quite common for applicants to have this stuff in their record. What is key is the improvement subsequent to the violation--ie, retaking of courses, etc. Admissions committees don't necessarily punish applicants twice for violations they've already paid for. Now, you may not get accepted the first year around because of the competition and the effect the violation had on the cumulative GPA, but keep after it and reapply.