Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

PTCAS Background Info

Discussion in 'Pre-Physical Therapy' started by navybluedreams, Aug 17, 2015.

1. navybluedreams

2+ Year Member

Pre-Rehab Sci [General]
    Hey guys,
    Wanted some input from y'all. Has anyone had any experience applying with any "conduct violations"?

Were you ever the recipient of any action by any college or university for unacceptable academic performance or conduct violations?

Were you still accepted to your programs? To what severity were your offenses?

2. mizunoguy64

Physical Therapy Student
    I had a 1.9 GPA my 1st semester due to an extremely stressful rooming experience. I explained the events that occurred, what the results were, and how they affected me. I'm in the process of applying right now.

tcpt likes this.
  3. tcpt

tcpt PT Faculty Member
    2+ Year Member

Physical Therapist
    Honesty is the best policy on this. Just lay it on the table and tell what happened. It's quite common for applicants to have this stuff in their record. What is key is the improvement subsequent to the violation--ie, retaking of courses, etc. Admissions committees don't necessarily punish applicants twice for violations they've already paid for. Now, you may not get accepted the first year around because of the competition and the effect the violation had on the cumulative GPA, but keep after it and reapply.