PTCAS course classification

Started by krissybear
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

krissybear

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How important is it to list an online/repeated course as 'online' or 'repeated' under the classification part of the coursework entry? I had the PTCAS course entry service done and they failed to list my Med Terminology and BIO online classes and BIO/A&P repeated courses as such. I'm just trying to approve my coursework asap and it's becoming a little frustrating to say the least.
Thanks
 
thanks @redrose424

So the reason I ask is because I spoke with a PTCAS rep this morning and she said the reason they didn't classify my BIO online classes as "online" is because my transcript does not specify this. So, should I leave it as N/A? Will the school have some way to find out that a course is online if it doesn't specify on my transcript? I wasn't going to be able to apply to a couple schools b/c they don't accept online courses but if doesn't even specify that on my transcript then..... I kind of want to take the chance and leave it be but not sure if someone else has some say in that.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I took some classes online, but they were just online sections - there was an option for onsite sections and online sections. I did not designate them as "online". Might that be the case for you?

I'm not at that stage yet, so I can't offer any real advice =/ Can you not change this yourself?
 
I took some classes online, but they were just online sections - there was an option for onsite sections and online sections. I did not designate them as "online". Might that be the case for you?

I'm not at that stage yet, so I can't offer any real advice =/ Can you not change this yourself?

No they were actually online. They are called ELI at my community college (which stands for extended learning institute, I believe?) But the rep at PTCAS it doesn't say anywhere on the transcript that mentions it is an online class and that usually online classes have a oli abbreviation next to them or something like that...