PTCAS course classification

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

krissybear

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
How important is it to list an online/repeated course as 'online' or 'repeated' under the classification part of the coursework entry? I had the PTCAS course entry service done and they failed to list my Med Terminology and BIO online classes and BIO/A&P repeated courses as such. I'm just trying to approve my coursework asap and it's becoming a little frustrating to say the least.
Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I think its pretty important that special classification courses are listed as such.

thanks @redrose424

So the reason I ask is because I spoke with a PTCAS rep this morning and she said the reason they didn't classify my BIO online classes as "online" is because my transcript does not specify this. So, should I leave it as N/A? Will the school have some way to find out that a course is online if it doesn't specify on my transcript? I wasn't going to be able to apply to a couple schools b/c they don't accept online courses but if doesn't even specify that on my transcript then..... I kind of want to take the chance and leave it be but not sure if someone else has some say in that.

Members don't see this ad :)
I took some classes online, but they were just online sections - there was an option for onsite sections and online sections. I did not designate them as "online". Might that be the case for you?

I'm not at that stage yet, so I can't offer any real advice =/ Can you not change this yourself?

I took some classes online, but they were just online sections - there was an option for onsite sections and online sections. I did not designate them as "online". Might that be the case for you?

I'm not at that stage yet, so I can't offer any real advice =/ Can you not change this yourself?

No they were actually online. They are called ELI at my community college (which stands for extended learning institute, I believe?) But the rep at PTCAS it doesn't say anywhere on the transcript that mentions it is an online class and that usually online classes have a oli abbreviation next to them or something like that...