ptcas entry

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kinesiology155

Reaction score
A few questions for those of you who have already applied:
-Do you have to send official AP score reports to PTCAS?
-Is sending official GRE score reports and transcripts to PTCAS sufficient, or do you have to send them individually to each program?
-Is entering your courses and grades manually better, or did you pay PTCAS?
thank you so much in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

I'll try help out but my memory isn't the best just a heads up :)

1.) I did not take AP so I cannot answer this one. I went down the IB route but since I am not using those classes to fulfill any prereqs I did not even bother sending them. If you're using AP for credits I would reach out to PTCAS/your schools to learn if they accept it and the process.

2.) I definitely sent a GRE score for every school. I applied to four schools and they (ETS) send four tests results for free. I believe for the PTCAS application itself the GRE is self reported. Off topic, but I recommend getting the transcripts sent as early as possible as one of my schools kept getting lost and took way longer than the given timeframe.

3.) I was worried about this too and spoke with multiple pre-PT advisors. I recommend manually doing it with an unofficial transcript and save your money. It worked perfectly fine for me and I've heard stories of PTCAS still making mistakes when they do it.

The application and interview process can be intimidating but you got this!

Reactions: 1 user
Usually you don't need to send the official College Board AP results to the PT programs if they are already noted on your undergraduate transcripts. Verify with the schools.

Make sure you have the right program code for GRE. Many PT programs share a code with other programs but others don't. Check the website if they have the specific code.

Save money and enter your grades.