PTCAS GPA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dpthopeful14788

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, my application just got verified and my GPA ended up as a 3.67 because of a class that I repeated. My actual university has my GPA as a 3.78 because of grade forgiveness, which I completed and did much better in the course the second time around. Do most schools calculate GPA on their own to see what GPA actually is (for example to exclude repeated classes like my situation) or do they usually go strictly by the PTCAS GPA? It seems like most people know that PTCAS lowers GPA’s for situations like this so I was wondering what schools do because now I am kind of worried. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

most will use the PTCAS but some will calculate their own. for instance, some schools want to know your last 90 or last 60 and PTCAS doesn't do that. So it depends on what your school prefers. if they want the average of the retakes or the higher they will use PTCAS or calculate their own. But I don't see it being too far off!