PTCAS "Institutions Attended" section

Started by DPTJO13
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

WOOPS pressed enter too soon :x sorry I'm a newbie!

Anyway, I have a specific question about this section. My college belonged to a program that allowed students to take one course per semester at other designated nearby institutions. The course is listed on the transcript from my home institution and the grade is calculated into my GPA. Would I still need to request an official transcript from the other college that I physically took the course at?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is the course listed on your transcript like it was taken at your home school or like it is a transfer from the other school? PTCAS is somewhat picky sometimes, if the other school has a transcript for you you'd probably be best to send it.
 
You would send transcripts from ALL schools attended. If you took class at that school, you have a record in that school meaning that it can be sent to grad schools. I had the same thing. you didn't go to a CUNY school did you (ePermit)
 
WOOPS pressed enter too soon :x sorry I'm a newbie!

Anyway, I have a specific question about this section. My college belonged to a program that allowed students to take one course per semester at other designated nearby institutions. The course is listed on the transcript from my home institution and the grade is calculated into my GPA. Would I still need to request an official transcript from the other college that I physically took the course at?


I had this problem and just requested the transcript to save myself the headache. Also some schools may be picky about it. Be safe rather than sorry
 
Thanks for all the input, guys! I never received an official transcript from the school and never officially enrolled at that university; it was all done through my home institution. I guess I'll contact the school I took the class at to see if they even have a transcript for me and go from there. Again, your answers were all very appreciated 🙂