Ptcas lor

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pthopeful78

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I want to apply next year for dpt school however a teacher offered to write me a lor now. Does anyone know where I can get the ptcas lor form...like a paper copy of it? Also, any tips on getting a good lor from a professor?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm in the same pickle - I'm going to start my application in July but I won't be submitting until early next year. I've started to ask professors to write me a letter as soon as I'm done taking classes from them. That way I'm fresh in their minds. I'm asking for copies of the letters so I can save them for myself too. I'm not sure how this will work when it comes time to submit my app..?

Be careful with asking for copies of your letters... Many on this forum would agree that it's a bad idea. The most common response is "do you not trust they have good things to write about you?" or something along those lines. I'm curious though, I'd kind of like to see mine before they're submitted, you guys think that would change my lor writers perception of me? Or maybe even influence the content of the actual letter prior to submission in a negative way? It's a fine line to dance along that's for sure!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Learn from my mistake. Ask the teacher around 3 months before hand. Once PTCAS opens, you'll have access to the paperwork they have to include in their letter that has your id number on it. Make sure they sign the envelop and letter. It's easier to ask them to do it online. However, don't ask now, they delete LOR every cycle. I did it too early and now have to ask again :((((

Be careful with asking for copies of your letters... Many on this forum would agree that it's a bad idea. The most common response is "do you not trust they have good things to write about you?" or something along those lines. I'm curious though, I'd kind of like to see mine before they're submitted, you guys think that would change my lor writers perception of me? Or maybe even influence the content of the actual letter prior to submission in a negative way? It's a fine line to dance along that's for sure!!

I'm asking for copies because not all the schools I'm applying to are PTCAS programs, so I think it's a legitimate request since I'll need LORs for those schools too.