PTCAS Mailing Status

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

letoile

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know what the mailing status on PTCAS means? I submitted my early decision app on 8/6, and under PT Designations it says my mailing date was 8/9, but my mailing status says "New." Does this mean they have mailed it but my school hasn't received it, that PTCAS hasn't actually mailed it out, or something entirely different? Insight is appreciated!!

Members don't see this ad.

If PTCAS mailed it on 8/9, then it means exactly that. The school will notify you directly when they receive your application package.

Does PTCAS wait for all LORs, etc to be submitted before mailing submitted apps?

Members don't see this ad :)
As long as you have:

1) e-submitted your application and finished filling in all the parts of the application,
2) you have requested your transcripts to be sent to PTCAS and they have received/processed your transcripts, and
3) paid the PTCAS application fee,

then PTCAS will mail out your app package to your designated programs. Your LORs and observation hours do not have to be verified yet in order for your apps to be mailed. When those things are completed, PTCAS will forward those completed items (LORs/hour verifications) to your designated programs. :)

OK, so maybe I misundestood but I have applied to an early desicion school (esubmitted by 8/12, have all observation hours and refs verified, with all transcripts up to Spring 2011) Problem is I took 3 Pre-Reqs this summer which I finished before I esubmitted. Summer school trancripts have not yet arrived at PTCAS.

I made sure that I sent the summer transcripts to PTCAS and the PT school but I am wondering if lack of summer school transcripts will invalidate my Early Desicion application since PTCAS has not mailed ny app yet.

OK, so maybe I misundestood but I have applied to an early desicion school (esubmitted by 8/12, have all observation hours and refs verified, with all transcripts up to Spring 2011) Problem is I took 3 Pre-Reqs this summer which I finished before I esubmitted. Summer school trancripts have not yet arrived at PTCAS.

I made sure that I sent the summer transcripts to PTCAS and the PT school but I am wondering if lack of summer school transcripts will invalidate my Early Desicion application since PTCAS has not mailed ny app yet.

I would think that as long as PTCAS and your schools receive your summer transcripts before the ED app deadline, then you should be fine.

However, don't take my word for it. Contact the schools and/or PTCAS directly to find out for sure.

As long as your school allows you to apply without having completed all of your pre-reqs you should be fine. Also, if you sent your transcript directly to the school as well, they will see your grades in those classes as they review your application. They don't HAVE to wait for PTCAS to forward it to them in order for the grades/transcript to be valid, PTCAS just cuts out the amount of paperwork/disorder each individual school has to go through...they are not the end-all-be-all....so don't worry

my ED school said they pretty much go by the GPA s posted on PTCAS. I am waiting to see if a designation of a psych class can be hand calculated.....it would effect my prereq GPA..... was told they get if trouble if a file is sent to adcom that does not meet minimum per PTCAS. Best bet is always to ask the school directly.

So I get an email from PTCAS saying that my ED app was not forwarded because I did not have all my documentation before the Aug 15 deadline. All I'm missing is my summer school transcripts which should not have stopped PTCAS from mailing my app. Esub 8/12.

I have emailed twice with no luck! any suggestions? Anyone with a similar experience?

This PTCAS org is really starting to chap my &%$#

So I get an email from PTCAS saying that my ED app was not forwarded because I did not have all my documentation before the Aug 15 deadline. All I'm missing is my summer school transcripts which should not have stopped PTCAS from mailing my app. Esub 8/12.

I have emailed twice with no luck! any suggestions? Anyone with a similar experience?

This PTCAS org is really starting to chap my &%$#

Yea they screwed me over with that as well. I had a similar situation. I e-submitted on 8/9 for ED and they are just now sending my apps out to schools. Pretty ridiculous.

I was just wondering, will all schools send us an email when they receive our applications?
PTCAS just sent my application 10 days ago and I only heard back from one school

I was just wondering, will all schools send us an email when they receive our applications?
PTCAS just sent my application 10 days ago and I only heard back from one school

I think they eventually will, but not necessarily right away. When my application was mailed out last month, I heard the following day from 2 schools, and from 2 more within the following week. It's now been a month since my application was mailed out and I've only heard from 5/7 of schools I applied to. It takes a different amount of time for each school to respond based on # of applicants and if they are on rolling deadline or not :)