ptcas question

Started by emDPT
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

emDPT

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So in your calculated PTCAS science gpa, is introduction to chemistry supposed to count? It is only 2 credits and I thought only the core classes such as: General Chem 1&2 etc count. Did they include anyone elses introductory classes in their science GPAs as well?
 
The core PT pre-reqs (as designated by PTCAS) count toward your PTCAS pre-req GPA. I assume all science classes count towards the science GPA, and since intro Chem is a science class I don't see why it wouldn't count. You could call them if you are really curious but there's nothing you can do about it. Pre-req GPA is the most important one at most schools and they will calculate it themselves as not all schools consider the same classes as pre-reqs that PTCAS does.