PTCAs Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

js1989

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have most of the application completed. Here is my predicament.

1) I am still waiting for them to receive a transcript. Is that okay?

2) I have 5 supplemental essays to write. 2 of the schools require the application to be in by October 1st. The other 3 are not due until December/January. So, can I e-submit the application without writing the last 3 essays yet? Or do I have to have all of them done before applying to the earlier schools?

It seems a bit strange, and I'm not sure what can and can't be updated once E-submitting.

Any feedback would help.
Thanks so much!

Members don't see this ad.

not at all strange. i am on the same boat. hope we can hear someone soon.

Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply.

Members don't see this ad :)

2) I have 5 supplemental essays to write. 2 of the schools require the application to be in by October 1st. The other 3 are not due until December/January. So, can I e-submit the application without writing the last 3 essays yet? Or do I have to have all of them done before applying to the earlier schools?

It seems a bit strange, and I'm not sure what can and can't be updated once E-submitting.

Any feedback would help.
Thanks so much!

You can't submit before you Do the supplemental questions. The transcript doesn't matter, but you can't edit things like essays after you submit.

Any feedback would help.
Thanks so much!

1) You can e-submit before they receive the transcript, but they won't process your application and calculate your GPAs until they get the transcript

2) You might try only designating the earlier schools, so that you can just complete those supplemental essays and submit early. Once submitted, you can then later designate more schools and do those supplemental essays later.

You can do the sup essay and submit as you go. each will require its own payment. So you don't have to wait to finish them all to submit. Yes and submit as soon as you are ready, don't wait on the transcripts. GPA calculations are done once received and your first payment is in.

can you submit before the LORs are completed?

Yes, you can submit before the Lor's are completed