PTCAS Reapplication Process

future_dpt12

Jul 29, 2019
  1. Pre-Physical Therapy
    I'm planning on reapplying this cycle once PTCAS opens up in July. Has anyone who has gone this this process know what I'm gonna need to do for my application this go around? I think I heard that everything transfers over except LORs and my essay, so does this mean I would have to have a new essay? And would I be able to submit the same LORs again while also adding on a new one too/not include a LOR I used last cycle? Thanks!

dobsonek

2+ Year Member
    Sep 10, 2019
    1. Pre-Physical Therapy
      This will be my third cycle applying. From what I remember you’ll need new LOR, a new essay, and you’ll need to re-input your observation hours. You’ll also have to go in and redo all program specific questions and re-assign prereqs.

JMarcusDPT

Jasmine Marcus, PT DPT CSCS
      7+ Year Member
      Silver Member
      Jan 24, 2012
      New York
      1. Physical Therapist
        I'm planning on reapplying this cycle once PTCAS opens up in July. Has anyone who has gone this this process know what I'm gonna need to do for my application this go around? I think I heard that everything transfers over except LORs and my essay, so does this mean I would have to have a new essay? And would I be able to submit the same LORs again while also adding on a new one too/not include a LOR I used last cycle? Thanks!
        The essay prompt is changing this cycle anyway

About the Ads

stemaba

Oct 9, 2019
        1. Physical Therapy Student

As soon as you log in, it will give you an option to move your stuff over from the first application. This includes your input grades, your observation hours, personal information etc.

You will need to do a new essay, as well as get LOR again. You do not need to add in your observation hours again, but you can definitely put in more, on top of what's already in the system!

Good luck!

future_dpt12

Jul 29, 2019
          1. Pre-Physical Therapy
            As soon as you log in, it will give you an option to move your stuff over from the first application. This includes your input grades, your observation hours, personal information etc.

You will need to do a new essay, as well as get LOR again. You do not need to add in your observation hours again, but you can definitely put in more, on top of what's already in the system!

Good luck!
            So if I were to ask my recommenders from last cycle for a LOR again, would I be able to let them know that they can just submit the same letter that they did for me last cycle?

stemaba

Oct 9, 2019
            1. Physical Therapy Student
              So if I were to ask my recommenders from last cycle for a LOR again, would I be able to let them know that they can just submit the same letter that they did for me last cycle?

Yep! I left mine a little open ended when I asked again, because I had even more experience with my PT LOR, so I think she wrote a completely different one this time around. Be sure to only ask those who you believe gave you a glowing LOR!! (I always ask my writers if they would be able to "write me a good letter of recommendation" but I'm prepared for the up front honest answer if it's "no")

GOOD LUCK feel free to reach out with any other questions!

Reactions: 1 user

future_dpt12

Jul 29, 2019
              1. Pre-Physical Therapy
                Yep! I left mine a little open ended when I asked again, because I had even more experience with my PT LOR, so I think she wrote a completely different one this time around. Be sure to only ask those who you believe gave you a glowing LOR!! (I always ask my writers if they would be able to "write me a good letter of recommendation" but I'm prepared for the up front honest answer if it's "no")

GOOD LUCK feel free to reach out with any other questions!
                If this is my second time applying and I'm reapplying to schools I did last cycle, do I need to send my GRE scores to those schools again too plus all the new schools I'm applying to?

dobsonek

2+ Year Member
                Sep 10, 2019
                1. Pre-Physical Therapy
                  If this is my second time applying and I'm reapplying to schools I did last cycle, do I need to send my GRE scores to those schools again too plus all the new schools I'm applying to?
                  No to schools you’ve already applied to. Yes to new schools. If you already sent the GRE score to certain programs, it should reflect that in PTCAS. I’d check with each program individually, but I don’t think you’ll need to resend them.

ptninja21

Jan 30, 2020
                  1. Pre-Physical Therapy
                    Just as a heads up, I ran into a problem when I transferred over my observational hours since I had placed 300 hours in the planned part so now that I'm reapplying, I'm going to make another section that included those hours + new hours in that observational setting to make it up to date with the correct amount of hours

future_dpt12

Jul 29, 2019
                    1. Pre-Physical Therapy
                      Just as a heads up, I ran into a problem when I transferred over my observational hours since I had placed 300 hours in the planned part so now that I'm reapplying, I'm going to make another section that included those hours + new hours in that observational setting to make it up to date with the correct amount of hours
                      I was actually wondering this too because when I applied last cycle, I had put that I completed 100 hours by August 2019 and didn't put anything else for planned hours, but I dated the observation until May 2020. So I guess I'll add another section with the hours I've worked since and just start it from August 2019 until now? Or would that be wrong to have the dates overlap for the same setting and should I just put all my new hours from like May 2020 until now?

ptninja21

Jan 30, 2020
                      1. Pre-Physical Therapy
                        I was actually wondering this too because when I applied last cycle, I had put that I completed 100 hours by August 2019 and didn't put anything else for planned hours, but I dated the observation until May 2020. So I guess I'll add another section with the hours I've worked since and just start it from August 2019 until now? Or would that be wrong to have the dates overlap for the same setting and should I just put all my new hours from like May 2020 until now?

I was debating the same thing, but I think I'm going to make a new one with just all the hours I know I completed. However, I'm going to email an admission counselor to see what they say. I'll let you know what they say!

About the Ads
                        This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
                        2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                        3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                        4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
                        5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
                        6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                        7. This thread is locked.