PTCAS References

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yearsinthemaking

Reaction score
Hello! This is my first cycle applying to programs, and PTCAS has changed the reference letter location for this cycle. It is now under the program materials section and states the following: "Once you have saved an electronic reference, an email request will automatically be sent to the referer on your behalf. Please advise your referer to look for this email in their inbox, as well as their spam or junk-mail folder, as emails do occasionally get filtered out. Please note: All references submitted within this section of your application are program specific. If you choose to remove this program from your application, please understand your letters will be deleted along with the program."

Being that references are "program specific", will that mean we'll have to send a referral link for each program being applied to? I really hope not.

Members don't see this ad.

Welp, never mind y'all. You DO have to send a reference request for each program you are applying to from the same referer, so let them know you're about to spam their inbox!

Ugh! This is so dumb, I already feel like a burden asking for ONE reference now I have to tell them they have to submit it multiple times lol

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
What did you include in your personal message/notes when sending your reference? I don't really want to say the same thing six times.

You can have them only submit one, and then when they do, it should give them you the option to allow you to “reuse” the letter of recommendation. They can select that, and then you can just reuse that same letter of rec for other schools. You do this by "sending" them a new request. But instead of requesting them, it immediately uses that LOR and submits it and then sends them a confirmation. That way they don't have to enter the same LOR for like 6 different links. hope this helps

Reactions: 1 user
You can have them only submit one, and then when they do, it should give them you the option to allow you to “reuse” the letter of recommendation. They can select that, and then you can just reuse that same letter of rec for other schools. You do this by "sending" them a new request. But instead of requesting them, it immediately uses that LOR and submits it and then sends them a confirmation. That way they don't have to enter the same LOR for like 6 different links. hope this helps
Yep, even if you send requests for all schools, it will flood my email, but I only have to fill out the form/submit my letter once.

Reactions: 2 users