PTCAS Saying Updated Transcript Required

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TheDancingWriter

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone. I already sent an email and tried live-chatting (currently waiting on answers for both), but I wanted to know if any of you have had this problem. So I only have 2 classes left, including the one I'm in now. After submitting my application and being considered completed, they bumped me down to received because they wanted an updated version of one of my transcripts. It specifically says updated transcript required. The only reason I can think of this is because my current class is on the transcript, but the one I'm taking in the future, one I haven't even enrolled in yet, isn't.

I have it entered in the academic history, of course. I wanted to know if your transcripts have to show ALL in-progress courses, even though the uni I am applying to specifically states as long you get the classes done before the next cohort starts, it doesn't matter when you take them. My cc I'm enrolled in only lets you enroll semester by semester, so it's not like I can enroll two semesters in advance like I could at my previous cc.

Any info would be greatly appreciated while I'm waiting on them. I'm just wondering if there was a mistake on their part or my cc or what.

Members don't see this ad.

Just send the transcript. I had to send an updated one when I added on an extra class this semester, and I’ll have to send another at the end of the semester after final grades are posted. It’s better to just do what the system is asking because there’s probably a reason for it.

Just send the transcript. I had to send an updated one when I added on an extra class this semester, and I’ll have to send another at the end of the semester after final grades are posted. It’s better to just do what the system is asking because there’s probably a reason for it.

So send it even if physics II isn't on the transcript?

Members don't see this ad :)
I think you need to take off the class that isn't on the transcript. You will send an updated transcript later when you finish fall classes and sign up for spring. It's okay to not have physics 2 not in your transcript yet even tho it's a pre req bc schools will assume you're taking it in spring. Some schools may email your asking for your plan on the incompleted pre-reqs and you just tell them you are taking it in the spring

I think you need to take off the class that isn't on the transcript. You will send an updated transcript later when you finish fall classes and sign up for spring. It's okay to not have physics 2 not in your transcript yet even tho it's a pre req bc schools will assume you're taking it in spring. Some schools may email your asking for your plan on the incompleted pre-reqs and you just tell them you are taking it in the spring

But PTCAS highly recommends you add all remaining courses. But if I don't hear back from them soon, I'll probably just go on ahead and send them the transcript again just to temporarily take a load off my shoulders, at least until I register for physics II.

I have my in progress physics courses on ptcas and everything was fine on my end. I was able to have my application verified. Are you sure that the reason for the updated transcripts were for your in progress courses?
I had a friend that had to resend her transcript because ptcas reported that one of her classes wasn't listed on her transcript even though it was clearly listed on her transcript.
So I would just send in another transcript to be on the safe side.

I have my in progress physics courses on ptcas and everything was fine on my end. I was able to have my application verified. Are you sure that the reason for the updated transcripts were for your in progress courses?
I had a friend that had to resend her transcript because ptcas reported that one of her classes wasn't listed on her transcript even though it was clearly listed on her transcript.
So I would just send in another transcript to be on the safe side.

Okay. They messed up on their end once already by sending me two emails for the same transcript saying it had been accepted, and when I sent them an email, they said they had to rescan it. I guess this is something similar. Thanks for the help, everyone! :happy: