PTCAS Verification versus school receiving application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RTthefuturePT

Reaction score
I'm wondering if there is a difference between when my application was verified by PTCAS and when the schools will receive my application. I thought that once it was verified, the school had received it. However, I got an email 9 days after my application was verified saying that the school I applied to was reviewing it. Were they just late to let me know, or did it take 9 days for the school to get it after PTCAS verified it?
Similarly, I just submitted my application to a school with a 10/1 deadline. If I don't get an email from them before 10/1 saying they've received it even though it has already been verified by PTCAS, does that mean I'm too late?

Members don't see this ad.

Once it’s verified it’s sent to the programs. However, it’s not like someone from the admissions committee is constantly in front of their computer waiting on applications to roll in. It takes a few days for them to match your PTCAS application to the other components of your app (GRE, supplemental, etc) and they email you after they’ve confirmed they have all parts of your app. Yours also isn’t the only one in their queue, and they likely go in order of the ones they receive.

Some programs don’t even send out confirmations. I applied to a program this cycle back in late July and never received a confirmation that they got my app but I received a rejection from that program last week.

Reactions: 1 user