1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

PTCB Exam tomorrow

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by fenil2005, Nov 18, 2005.

1. fenil2005

fenil2005 Accepted Pharmacy Student
    7+ Year Member

hi guys,
    Didn't have time to really go over the stuff as i wanted it. But anyways, what few topics you think are really important for the ptcb exam that i must review in order to increase my score. Also any tips for the exams are welcome. First time taking the exam very nervous !!! Good luck!!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. jemc2000

jemc2000 SDN Angel
    7+ Year Member

I'm right there with you. I am just reviewing the top 200 tonight. other than that, it is all in fate's hands.

4. PharmEm

PharmEm Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

I went to Barnes and Nobles and studied out of the Delmar's Pharm-tech exam book for about 2 weeks, 2-3 hrs each day. I would study the sig's (bid. qid, po, prn, etc), state and hospital laws, and the drug/generic names in that order of importance. I know there's a lot of drug/generic names but just familiarize yourself with a few. Another thing, YOU WILL, I PROMISE YOU, FEEL like you failed the test when you finish; so don't be dissapointed or stress yourself out if you feel that way after the test. The test is about 4hrs, and there are 8 different versions and the test is graded on a HUGE curve. Good Luck and let us know how it goes!

P.S. Here's a test stratgey when it comes to the drug/generic names that someone here on the forum told me, I don't know if you want to do it but I did it and I passed!

If they ask you, which of these answer choices is the drug name for Vanocin?
    a.) Bactrim
    b.) Vancomyocin
    c.) Felbamate
    d.) Albuterol

Choose the answer with the same ENDING...Vanocin would be Vancomyocin . I mean, a lot of people would suggest NOT doing this but if you're pressed for time, I 'd do it.

5. funny_pharm

funny_pharm Anti-Mullet
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy

Honestly, it's pretty easy. I studied a few hours before the exam. I did meet people who had taken the test 3 or 4 times..lol. I just borrowed a friends Techlectures book.

6. fenil2005

fenil2005 Accepted Pharmacy Student
    7+ Year Member

hi guys,
    Considering no experience as a tech and 2 days of study i don't think the exam went that bad. i beleive that i have a chance to pass the ptcb exam. Even if i fail the exam, the margin will be small. The test was easy compare to what i expected. Raped the math part. Answered all the math questions except one which was not in the book i used to study for the exam.
    Thanks to all of you guys out there who gave me excellet support, advice and suggestions. Keep the good work going. This site Rocks!!!!