TheAverageGuy

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
Apr 15, 2006
15
0
31
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
Yea, so call me stupid or something, but where the heck do we sign up to take the test? I've been looking all around the web and I found a site, but it won't let me sign up.

I live in Arizona, is there only a certain time when people can sign up?
 

longnguyen

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Jul 21, 2006
37
0
Status
Pharmacy Student
TheAverageGuy said:
Yea, so call me stupid or something, but where the heck do we sign up to take the test? I've been looking all around the web and I found a site, but it won't let me sign up.

I live in Arizona, is there only a certain time when people can sign up?
Here's the link http://www.proexam.org/ptcb/
but I guess it's a bit too late...
 
OP
T

TheAverageGuy

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
Apr 15, 2006
15
0
31
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
longnguyen said:
Here's the link http://www.proexam.org/ptcb/
but I guess it's a bit too late...

"The next examination will be on September 9, 2006. Registration for that exam will begin on June 13, 2006"

It doesn't say when that exam registration will close or wether or not it has closed.

So, do I have to wait a long time before I register again? How many times a year to they give the exam. The site isn't very specific.
 
About the Ads

longnguyen

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Jul 21, 2006
37
0
Status
Pharmacy Student
TheAverageGuy said:
"The next examination will be on September 9, 2006. Registration for that exam will begin on June 13, 2006"

It doesn't say when that exam registration will close or wether or not it has closed.

So, do I have to wait a long time before I register again? How many times a year to they give the exam. The site isn't very specific.
Sorry, the deadline is August 11, 2006.
You can register for september, just create an account then you'll be able to sign up.
 

the_labrat

Hot Tamale
10+ Year Member
Jul 22, 2006
51
0
35
Fort Collins, CO
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
Good luck! I just took mine today. With luck, I'll be working in a pharmacy for two years by the time I can apply to my school.
 

smallkitty00

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 18, 2006
234
1
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
Hi!

I got this quote from ptcb site. So, it means that 650 is passing? or it really depends? I just took the test today, so I'm kind of curious...

"Candidates must obtain a scaled score of at least 650 to pass the PTCE. The passing score was established by a panel of content experts who used the modified-Angoff method. Using this method, each question is individually evaluated and rated by the panelists. Panelists estimate the percentage of qualified candidates who will answer each item correctly. The overall passing score is computed by averaging the panelists’ ratings. The PTCB Certification Council recommends the passing score to the Board of Governors."
 

MIpharm

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
Jun 30, 2006
16
0
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
i just took the test today too. i was surprised at how easy it was considering i do zero studying. probably missed less than 5 questions. however, the amount and detail of the pharmacology questions surprised me too. they'd ask questions like, which of the following drugs has adverse effects with bactrim or coumadin etc. Im not a pharmacist yet!! Does anyone know when the results are actually sent? i know they say 60 days blah blah blah but how long does it really take?? cant you check online for pass/fail sooner?
 

Scrubs Fan

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 1, 2006
213
0
Chino Hills, CA
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
i took the test in march and I thought it was pretty easy too. and i didn't get the results till about a month later, pretty close to 4 weeks.

my advice, in the mean time, look up on how to get your pharm tech license from the state. and do what you need to do to prepare. I live in California, I just needed to get fingerprinted and send a copy of my passing PTCB exam.

Anyway, good luck w/ everything, hope you passed the exam.

cheers
 
About the Ads