PTCB Exam

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

xaolindragon

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, so I'm taking the PTCB exam within the next month. I've bought Delmar's PTCB review book and am currently studying it like crazy. Unfortunately, the only problem I'm having so far is the generic name vs. brand name of drugs.

So my question to you all is: How much of the test is about knowing the difference between generic vs. brand? And does it/will it probably ask questions like "which of the following drugs are contraindicated with a patient with x, y, and z?

I've searched a bit on the forums already and the majority of the answers seem to be that the exam is mainly calculations and law questions. However, I kinda want to be sure.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey, so I'm taking the PTCB exam within the next month. I've bought Delmar's PTCB review book and am currently studying it like crazy. Unfortunately, the only problem I'm having so far is the generic name vs. brand name of drugs.

So my question to you all is: How much of the test is about knowing the difference between generic vs. brand? And does it/will it probably ask questions like "which of the following drugs are contraindicated with a patient with x, y, and z?

I've searched a bit on the forums already and the majority of the answers seem to be that the exam is mainly calculations and law questions. However, I kinda want to be sure.
I have taken that exam 2 years ago, I passed it easily. I studied from Mannan Shroff's book.

I took mine like 5 years ago and passed after studying for like a week. I never worked in retail pharmacy when i took the exam and passed easily by just using this book:
Certification Review For Pharmacy Technicians by Noah Reifman
Don't know if they made major changes to the exam or not since i took it, but that book was sufficient to pass. Also, i had lot of math so know the math and you should do well.

I took mine like 5 years ago and passed after studying for like a week. I never worked in retail pharmacy when i took the exam and passed easily by just using this book:
Certification Review For Pharmacy Technicians by Noah Reifman
Don't know if they made major changes to the exam or not since i took it, but that book was sufficient to pass. Also, i had lot of math so know the math and you should do well.

Also took mine 5 years ago and also used the same book... Those practice exams in the back were all that was needed bc when i took it math was like 65 plus percent and back then i killed the math...Can't say the same abt naplex, the math killed ME.... Maybe i got stupider haha