PTCB -how much did you study

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LodiDodi

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I'm looking to take the PTCE on April 24th and I've just began studying this week, using mosbys. I was wondering how long and how much other people have studied and been able to pass. Also include what kind of pharmacy experience you had before you began studying.

I took the MCAT and I've actually been studying a lot harder for this test and having a hard time remembering all the drug names so its kinda freaking me out.

Also if people could recomend the best book, with the least typos for PTCB math review, that would be great.

Thanks. :)

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,
I'm looking to take the PTCE on April 24th and I've just began studying this week, using mosbys. I was wondering how long and how much other people have studied and been able to pass. Also include what kind of pharmacy experience you had before you began studying.

I took the MCAT and I've actually been studying a lot harder for this test and having a hard time remembering all the drug names so its kinda freaking me out.

Also if people could recomend the best book, with the least typos for PTCB math review, that would be great.

Thanks. :)

If you can take the MCAT, I wouldn't even study for PTCE. It's mainly remedial math and a couple, almost literally, drug names.

Just got my results, I passed! its more on calculation with a little bit of generic and brand names, inventory questions

Members don't see this ad :)
I took the test in Ontario, CA. I went to the TGI Fridays across from the parking lot and studied two hours before the exam. Passed.

hahaha
thats awesome.
yeah, I was reading mosbys this week with all the ****, and thinking "damn sooo many names and trying remember names, conditions and dosage forms" cus they have review questions asking all this stuff. Now Im just gunna memorize conversions and practice doing math quickly on a crappy calculator. I might memorize the top 200 meds and some scheduling II stuff, cus I know some one in pharm school and memorizing the top 200 is like one of the first things you do.
I'm judging by what you say that I dont need to buy any additional PTCB math books cus I prolly just need to memorize some simple coversions.

now I can stop freaking out and go back to doing more important things, like ebay shopping and sleeping at work... ;)

hahaha
thats awesome.
yeah, I was reading mosbys this week with all the ****, and thinking "damn sooo many names and trying remember names, conditions and dosage forms" cus they have review questions asking all this stuff. Now Im just gunna memorize conversions and practice doing math quickly on a crappy calculator. I might memorize the top 200 meds and some scheduling II stuff, cus I know some one in pharm school and memorizing the top 200 is like one of the first things you do.
I'm judging by what you say that I dont need to buy any additional PTCB math books cus I prolly just need to memorize some simple coversions.

now I can stop freaking out and go back to doing more important things, like ebay shopping and sleeping at work... ;)

Most are very simple conversions. There were a couple from oz to mL. There were 1 or 2 multiple concentration mixing. Everything else was mg/kg/day ?id xdays type stuff. pt is x lbs. Like you say, simple stuff.