PTCB Results

Started by Pharmop
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Pharmop

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How do view the results online for the PTCB exam? I tried going to the main website but its asking for a Certification number.
 
How do view the results online for the PTCB exam? I tried going to the main website but its asking for a Certification number.

Your official results? When did you take the PTCE at a Pearson testing center?
 
How do view the results online for the PTCB exam? I tried going to the main website but its asking for a Certification number.

Call PTCB and ask for your certification number or wait for your certificate to come in the mail. Do you have that pass/no pass paper you received after taking the test? That will help you get the certification number.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got my results mailed to me along with my certificate.
I think the scores is sent from New York or something.
 
I got my official results today! Less than 2 weeks. Now time to register with BOP and wait up to 3 months...😴
 
I was trying to find out ptcb test dates on the official website but it wouldn't allow me since I'm not registered to their website. Does anyone know if I make an account is it mandatory to register for the exam? Also can you take the exam without taking a prep course? What are the "pre-req" for taking the exam? Btw I am in new york if that makes a difference in policies. Thanks!
 
Does anyone know if I make an account is it mandatory to register for the exam?

Nope. Not unless / until you give them a credit card. This isn't in the candidate booklet?

Also can you take the exam without taking a prep course?

Yep. Self-study is fine. There is a question about what course you took, so if you just self-studied, pick the most appropriate answer (or call them). It's not required in the candidate booklet, that I can find, and would be silly to require it.

What are the "pre-req" for taking the exam?

High school degree / GED. That's all I can remember - check the candidate booklet, it spells it out.

Btw I am in new york if that makes a difference in policies. Thanks!

Check with your state Board of Pharmacy to see what qualifies you to become a licensed pharm tech. PTCB gives certifications; in most places, being certified qualifies you to be licensed. (I say "most" because I've heard a rumor that FL requires training, but I haven't verified, so I gave myself some hedge room.) Either way, the BoP website should tell you what you need to know.
 
Nope. Not unless / until you give them a credit card. This isn't in the candidate booklet?



Yep. Self-study is fine. There is a question about what course you took, so if you just self-studied, pick the most appropriate answer (or call them). It's not required in the candidate booklet, that I can find, and would be silly to require it.



High school degree / GED. That's all I can remember - check the candidate booklet, it spells it out.



Check with your state Board of Pharmacy to see what qualifies you to become a licensed pharm tech. PTCB gives certifications; in most places, being certified qualifies you to be licensed. (I say "most" because I've heard a rumor that FL requires training, but I haven't verified, so I gave myself some hedge room.) Either way, the BoP website should tell you what you need to know.

Thanks for the detailed answer it was extremly helpful! I also just looked up and read the candidate booklet, so thanks for pointing out everything is in there!