PTCE Studying HELP/Pharmacy School PreReqs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ricky93

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok, before I get into my question, let me give a little background on myself. I'm a freshman at a community college and I'm interested in going into Pharmacy. Last semester I didn't too well. I got a 2.75 GPA and only took 12 credits, and this semester I'm taking the same amount, but I dropped Microeconomics because I was failing and I thought a "W" would probably look a little better on my transcripts instead of an F.

I'm honestly just a spoiled upper-middle class brat who had his parents pay and do everything for him, so I'll admit I slacked off and didn't realize how serious college was (it doesn't help that older kids told me it was going to be easy either!).

So, I took a non-credit class for preperation to take the PTCE last summer, but I still haven't taken it and I've really been out of the loop with all the information I learned and I wanted to know what are the CORE concepts I need to study in order to pass this.

I'm going to work harder in school to keep my GPA up for this semester and the rest of my prereqs, but I figured being tech certified would increase my chances with getting into Pharmacy school?

Any advice for me? I'm kinda anxious and I'd really appreciate anything from anyone who's gone through the whole system. Thank you very much

Members don't see this ad.

Dont be anxious. You're parents are middle class, and you are going for a middle class status (possibly top .01% if you discover Panacea or something).

You have their genes and it should be easy unless you keep thinking otherwise. Think of those prerequisites ahead of you as merely things you need to brush aside in order to get the minimum required education for your life that is ahead of you, the Pharmacy School.

Do not ever tell yourself "I dont get this." Keep thinking/reading about the concept over and over until you get it, and dont stop until you do.

Oh, and you've got alot of catching up to do with a 2.75 GPA so... I'd advise you get off the internets right now and go study.

Oh, and you've got alot of catching up to do with a 2.75 GPA so... I'd advise you get off the internets right now and go study.

This and I think you meant PTCB and not PTCE.

Members don't see this ad :)
2.75 GPA after one semester and 12 units of college isn't going to kill you. Anyone can afford one bad semester; just make this your only one.

I personally took the ExCPT and passed it my first time. Anybody who has passed algebra and worked in a pharmacy for less then a year should be able to do this with no sweat. I recommend that one because I hear it is more retail based where as the PTCB asks you more hospital questions.

Thank you so much everyone for your words of knowledge. I really appreciate it.