Pub addition

Started by breez
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

breez

Full Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello!

So I forgot to add a high IF pub that I am on in my primary, as I wasn’t sure if it was being submitted yet. However, it is now undergoing revisions at a good journal, and is an important product of my research (1000h ish of research rn!). My PI talks about it in his letter of rec, and I also included some info about it in my secondaries. Is that sufficient, or is an update letter also going to be required?

Thanks for your help!
 
Hello!

So I forgot to add a high IF pub that I am on in my primary, as I wasn’t sure if it was being submitted yet. However, it is now undergoing revisions at a good journal, and is an important product of my research (1000h ish of research rn!). My PI talks about it in his letter of rec, and I also included some info about it in my secondaries. Is that sufficient, or is an update letter also going to be required?

Thanks for your help!
Once it is published, definitely include it in an update letter with its PMID!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Once it is published, definitely include it in an update letter with its PMID!
Follow up question, if I have new pubs since I submitted my primary, is it better to write about it in the secondaries or send an update letter at this point?
 
Follow up question, if I have new pubs since I submitted my primary, is it better to write about it in the secondaries or send an update letter at this point?
I think early update letters are better - the dean reads them at some of the T20 schools I'm familiar with and then gooes back to review the rest of your application in the context of your update to evaluate you for interview contention. Some schools also only do an in-depth review of secondaries after interviews, which would support the strategy to include the pub in the update letter (or at least in both).