Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 9, 2002
A stone's throw from Central Park
Status
  1. Medical Student
Originally posted by calbears84
If i send in a letter of rec from prof in the public health department...is that considered a science letter?

thats a gray area.....is it a biostats/epi professor (implying some mathematical/statistical inclination)? Or is it environmental health/BSHE/policy and management, etc? With the former I could possibly see, but the latter I'm not too sure, but I'd guess not. Plus, it might depend on the school, some schools are "MPH friendly" (like Tulane, according to a grad at CDC.) I'd say ask the schools you're applying to, but I wouldn't bank on it.

lola

Bovine Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 22, 2002
california
Visit site
Status
i'd agree with DW. i got 2 letters from public health profs -- one from a biostats prof and one from a physiology prof. the physiology is for sure a science letter. the biostats is too (if math is considered a science -- is it?). the same thing would be true for some epi course profs. i don't think international health, health policy, etc.. would be considered science. some environmental health classes might be depending on the nature of the course.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads