public school vs private school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vbplayer5

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am trying to decide between two private schools (Walsh University and University of Dayton) and a public school (The University of Cincinnati). Could any recent grads or current PTs provide me with some insight as to which I'm better off at? I would come out of UC with far less debt than either private school, but I don't know if a degree from Walsh or UD will benefit me more when applying for jobs down the road! Any advice would be a huge help! Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I am trying to decide between two private schools (Walsh University and University of Dayton) and a public school (The University of Cincinnati). Could any recent grads or current PTs provide me with some insight as to which I'm better off at? I would come out of UC with far less debt than either private school, but I don't know if a degree from Walsh or UD will benefit me more when applying for jobs down the road! Any advice would be a huge help! Thanks!

Public school. Easy.

Reactions: 1 user
Public school. Less Debt. Please see all forum posts Re: nobody cares where you go to school.
Also, I googled Walsh's PT program. I put very little into US news Rankings(because they are mostly Bull****), but walsh is ranked #138th.
Go get that degree on the cheap.

Members don't see this ad :)
Go to the school that accepts you. If both the private and public schools accept you, go to Cincinnati.

I agree with the others. No one really cares where you went to school, it just matters that you have a license to practice someday. So get your education for as cheap as possible as long as the school has a good record for NPTE pass rates.