public school vs private school

Started by vbplayer5
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

vbplayer5

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am trying to decide between two private schools (Walsh University and University of Dayton) and a public school (The University of Cincinnati). Could any recent grads or current PTs provide me with some insight as to which I'm better off at? I would come out of UC with far less debt than either private school, but I don't know if a degree from Walsh or UD will benefit me more when applying for jobs down the road! Any advice would be a huge help! Thanks!
 
I am trying to decide between two private schools (Walsh University and University of Dayton) and a public school (The University of Cincinnati). Could any recent grads or current PTs provide me with some insight as to which I'm better off at? I would come out of UC with far less debt than either private school, but I don't know if a degree from Walsh or UD will benefit me more when applying for jobs down the road! Any advice would be a huge help! Thanks!

Public school. Easy.
 
Public school. Less Debt. Please see all forum posts Re: nobody cares where you go to school.
Also, I googled Walsh's PT program. I put very little into US news Rankings(because they are mostly Bull****), but walsh is ranked #138th.
Go get that degree on the cheap.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I agree with the others. No one really cares where you went to school, it just matters that you have a license to practice someday. So get your education for as cheap as possible as long as the school has a good record for NPTE pass rates.