SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Public Service Request!!! Notifying schools...

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by tcamdg, May 7, 2007.

1. tcamdg

tcamdg 7+ Year Member

May 7, 2007
    If you've accepted an invitation to attend one school, PLEASE notify other schools that might be holding a spot for you in the class of 2011 that you will not be attending their school. Some of us are anxiously awaiting a positive update to our "waitlist" status!!! Thank you.

This has been a public service request, sponsored by someone who feels your pain.

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. Toohotinvegas33

Toohotinvegas33 Currently Glasgow 3 7+ Year Member

Aug 17, 2006
    Penal Colony
    The nice thing (relatively) with DO schools is that most have hefty deposits. So, unless you are somebody that really loves 2 schools :cough: orthodoc :cough: and has ingnored countless advice on what school they should attend :cough: DMU :cough:. There shouldn't be too many peeps holding multiple spots.

4. StringerBell

StringerBell It's the final countdown! 5+ Year Member

Jan 24, 2007
    CA
    Those automatic smilies really killed your post, man. :(

5. HarveyCushing

HarveyCushing 7+ Year Member

Mar 12, 2005

Ouch, that one's gonna sting a little. I have a feeling MD schools didn't show the OP any love.

6. Toohotinvegas33

Toohotinvegas33 Currently Glasgow 3 7+ Year Member

Aug 17, 2006
    Penal Colony
    fixed it, good lookin out:thumbup:

7. musiclink213

musiclink213 My room is a mess 7+ Year Member

Oct 20, 2003
    New York
    Yea, I didn't take 2 DO spots just because of those damn nonrefundable large deposits. But I was lucky that all my interviews were kind of lumped together, and so after I got my first acceptance letter from the first school I interviewed at, I didn't send in the deposit right away, instead, I waited until I heard from other schools. I got into one school afterwards that I would rather ahve gone to, so I never bothered sending it in. Although I just got really lucky that all my interviews were between October and beginning of December.

8. DoctorMom78

DoctorMom78 Sky Glory 2+ Year Member

Sep 28, 2006
    Speedwell, TN
    I would imagine that the movement on DO waitlists is dramatically less than on MD waitlists due to the hefty, non-refundable deposit they require. But, I am sure there will be some spots. So, I wish everyone on the waitlists lots of luck. I hope it works out for you.:) :love: :luck:

9. tcamdg

tcamdg 7+ Year Member

May 7, 2007
    Musiclink: I hope you notified the other schools once you accepted the invitation you were looking for. ;)

DoctorMom: Thank you, I appreciate the well wishes!

10. musiclink213

musiclink213 My room is a mess 7+ Year Member

Oct 20, 2003
    New York
    Of course I did! I applied last year, and got so mad at one of my friends who was holding on to 2 spots because he really couldn't make up his mind. I kept telling him to drop one so htey could give me an interview and accept me to make up for his dropped acceptance. Of course, I doubt his one spot would have gone to me, but you never know! I definitly made sure I notified teh schools about my drops, pretty quickly too.

Only time I didn't was when I was stuck between 2 schools, I held onto the first one until the deadline for a deposit was coming closer, and decided even though i loved the school, it wasn't geared towards what I wanted to do (I want to work in an urban environment, this school had some rural stuff),