Public Service Request!!! Notifying schools...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tcamdg

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
If you've accepted an invitation to attend one school, PLEASE notify other schools that might be holding a spot for you in the class of 2011 that you will not be attending their school. Some of us are anxiously awaiting a positive update to our "waitlist" status!!! Thank you.

This has been a public service request, sponsored by someone who feels your pain.

Members don't see this ad.

The nice thing (relatively) with DO schools is that most have hefty deposits. So, unless you are somebody that really loves 2 schools :cough: orthodoc :cough: and has ingnored countless advice on what school they should attend :cough: DMU :cough:. There shouldn't be too many peeps holding multiple spots.

So, unless you are somebody that really loves 2 schools :cough:oops:rthodoc:cough: and has ingnored countless advice on what school they should attend :cough:DMU:cough:. There shouldn't be too many peeps holding multiple spots.

Those automatic smilies really killed your post, man. :(

Members don't see this ad :)
Ah, the sweet smell of desperation . . .

Ouch, that one's gonna sting a little. I have a feeling MD schools didn't show the OP any love.

Yea, I didn't take 2 DO spots just because of those damn nonrefundable large deposits. But I was lucky that all my interviews were kind of lumped together, and so after I got my first acceptance letter from the first school I interviewed at, I didn't send in the deposit right away, instead, I waited until I heard from other schools. I got into one school afterwards that I would rather ahve gone to, so I never bothered sending it in. Although I just got really lucky that all my interviews were between October and beginning of December.

I would imagine that the movement on DO waitlists is dramatically less than on MD waitlists due to the hefty, non-refundable deposit they require. But, I am sure there will be some spots. So, I wish everyone on the waitlists lots of luck. I hope it works out for you.:) :love: :luck:

Musiclink: I hope you notified the other schools once you accepted the invitation you were looking for. ;)

DoctorMom: Thank you, I appreciate the well wishes!

Musiclink: I hope you notified the other schools once you accepted the invitation you were looking for. ;)

Of course I did! I applied last year, and got so mad at one of my friends who was holding on to 2 spots because he really couldn't make up his mind. I kept telling him to drop one so htey could give me an interview and accept me to make up for his dropped acceptance. Of course, I doubt his one spot would have gone to me, but you never know! I definitly made sure I notified teh schools about my drops, pretty quickly too.

Only time I didn't was when I was stuck between 2 schools, I held onto the first one until the deadline for a deposit was coming closer, and decided even though i loved the school, it wasn't geared towards what I wanted to do (I want to work in an urban environment, this school had some rural stuff),