Publication: Medical School Application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Books2ReadMe

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am an undergraduate at Auburn University, majoring in Bio-Medical science and Spanish. I will begin my medical school application in the fall of 2011 (I graduate Fall 2012). Since the start of 2010, I have been included in two publications in Organic Chemistry research under the NSF. I will be included in another publication on "coordination chemistry of Platinum and Copper" by summer of this year. Are publications for undergraduate students as impressive as everyone makes them seem?

Members don't see this ad.

I am an undergraduate at Auburn University, majoring in Bio-Medical science and Spanish. I will begin my medical school application in the fall of 2011 (I graduate Fall 2012). Since the start of 2010, I have been included in two publications in Organic Chemistry research under the NSF. I will be included in another publication on "coordination chemistry of Platinum and Copper" by summer of this year. Are publications for undergraduate students as impressive as everyone makes them seem?
Publications (in this case defined as being listed as an author on a scientific peer-reviewed article) are seen as good at any level of academic achievement.

Publications (in this case defined as being listed as an author on a scientific peer-reviewed article) are seen as good at any level of academic achievement.

Thank you. I will be included as an author of a three publication by the fall of this year. I have a 3.6 GPA, and I'm shooting for a 33 on the MCAT. What other type of extracurricular activities would you suggest improve my chances of medical school acceptance?