Publications in Plant Science Journal

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

sjohnson321

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi All,

I wanted to get some opinions about how publications in plant science or toxicology journals are viewed by MD/PhD programs? I did research for a year in a lab and have 2 pubs in plant science, should I continue with this research and continue to publish or join a different lab?

I was offered a spot in a lab where they do Biophysics research and wanted to get some opinions from you all.

Thanks!
 
For MD/PhD admissions, it is the process of your research and you involvement in it that matters, not so much the field.

You mention you already have a couple of papers published from the plant science lab, so you need to decide whether you are likely to gain anything more from staying in that lab.

If the papers already out have you as 2nd, 3rd, etc. author and by staying you are likely to get a first-author publication, it is probably worthwhile to stay.

If that is unlikely if you stay, it is probably more valuable to move on to another lab where you can get exposure to a different area, and more importantly another LOR from the PI.