Publications Section

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

eac006

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, I don't know what I was thinking. I didn't cite my publication on AMCAS because I thought it would have asked me to. Plus, just describing the paper took up all 700 characters. I am hoping my professor that I did the research with cited it in my letter. Will this hurt me a lot?

Members don't see this ad.

So, I don't know what I was thinking. I didn't cite my publication on AMCAS because I thought it would have asked me to. Plus, just describing the paper took up all 700 characters. I am hoping my professor that I did the research with cited it in my letter. Will this hurt me a lot?
Presumably, you entered the name of the Journal and the date of Publication in the header? With your name as an author, that is enough for an interested adcomm to locate your publication.

If you did not list the journal and date, you can add this information to secondaries since most schools have an other section

Members don't see this ad :)
I entered the date of publication but I will add this to my secondaries. I put the journal total on ends as but not amcas

I put the journal title on TMDSAS* but not amcas

If you did not list the journal and date, you can add this information to secondaries since most schools have an other section

My processor said she added the name of the article and the journal title in my rec letter? That should be adequate right?

My processor said she added the name of the article and the journal title in my rec letter? That should be adequate right?

Probably?

Edit, listen to Catalystik ;)

More than adequate as there is now no doubt that the publication exists.
Probably?

Edit, listen to Catalystik ;)
I'd still add it to Secondaries where possible and include it in the fall update letter where it wasn't. It doesn't hurt to be doubly sure all adcomms are aware.

Reactions: 1 user