1. Visit this thread to beta-test StudySchedule.org. StudySchedule is a free nonprofit site that builds dynamic MCAT study schedules unique for your needs and timeline.
Hey, Guest, do you know how much will it cost you to apply to medical school? Check out SDN's Medical School Application Cost Calculator and plan your budget.

Publications with family member

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by bak, Sep 28, 2014.

1. SDN is made possible through member donations, sponsorships, and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. bak

bak 2+ Year Member

Mar 11, 2014
    So I have two publications that are associated with someone in my family. Both our last names are the same and they are both on the paper. I was wondering if anyone knew if medical schools look down upon this, and how I might handle this in my interviews.

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. claduva94

claduva94 2+ Year Member

Apr 21, 2014
    MDApps:
    If it has legitimate basis I don't see it as being a problem. You still worked for it didn't you?

4. SnakeOilForSale

SnakeOilForSale Everyday I'm hustlin 2+ Year Member

Apr 12, 2013
    New York City
    Everyone looks differently at nepotism so I believe it's more of an individual response rather than something that can be generalized to adcoms as a whole. It is a legitimate publication regardless and there's no reason not to put it down.